Monday, February 2

hey, sister, how's it hanging?

short, shriveled and always to the left.
short as in the road to getting what you want is as short as you want it to be. shriveled as in, i am one year older and i know i should not complain, but i really have seen a new wrinkle on my face.
and to the left because i'm left handed, and quite proud of it to be honest (i think it makes me special so don't spoil it for me: all you other lefties pretend you're right handed just 4 today)
birthdays used to be a reason for getting a little upset or somewhat depressed because of the nos that blinded my yeses.
it was a close call this year as well. and i was knocking on the sadness door hours early!
i had some time to think about it, and i realized that there's no point in doing it all over again. my main reason was the half full side i started noticing, with a little help from my.. friend.
in the new light of the older events, i would have to say i'm hanging in there, with an open mind and soul, ready for what's next.
a big thank you is in order to my loved ones (you know who you are, and yes, i mean the virtual ones i got to know along the way, too)

2 comments:

Lilly said...

Sending this one to my daughter. She understands totally. If you new what I knew now - do not worry about it for a second, not a seococnd.

Lilly said...

Sending this one to my daughter. She understands totally. If you new what I knew now - do not worry about it for a second, not a seococnd.