Monday, November 24

tree talk

Two trees lay on the grass. They look at each other without staring. They’ve known each other for some time now and they know each other’s flaws too well. Not to mention the qualities. When you know someone for so long, even good qualities turn into flaws. 1000 years? Seems more of an inside joke that makes neither of them laugh anymore.

You know? 384 summers ago I’ve touched you. It was the only time my right side leaves decided to grow in your direction.

Yeah? Funny. I honestly can’t remember. I do remember when they started falling. It was 284 autumns ago. One of them touched me.

(smiles) I’m always caught by surprise. How do you manage to keep them on for so long? And it seems like yours fall on their own. Without any help. With me it takes wind. It was the same back then. The grace was purely accidental. No pun intended.

But pleasant, nonetheless. Just so you know.

You’re almost making me blush. Did you really like it?

Why do you think autumn is my favorite season?

Mine is summer, but for the exact same reason.

2 comments:

The Muse said...

Breath~taking!

The Muse said...

Here is a lovely Christmas prose...
"The Unexpected Gift"
I hope it helps you treasure your family this season...
(it is my latest work)

http://www.jlomowriter.blogspot.com/

Thank you and many blessings!

(I hope you are well, I miss your blog :) )