Saturday, January 19

What are friends for?

Yep! That's actually a real question and not a rethorical one.

So what are they for? Love, trust, help, need, what are they for? Unless they exist only for the sake of this particular phrase: Hey, relax, what are friends for?

That's exactly what I want to know. Just as I have stated before: ''Such a distinct and solid notion this friendship… actually, like the name says, it is definitely bound to sink. No ship lasts a lifetime. You have to invest money and time in it, or else…its value will decrease and you won’t make up for what you put in it in the first place.''. To my complete amazement and disappointment, I see that the notion of ''friend'' shares the same finality: it has "end" comprised. Is this to say that no friend lasts forever? All friENDships are bound to finish? Perhaps this is the reason why they start in the first place.

I could easily be contradicted by speakers of other languages who would say that my course is merely a formality, and I'm not looking for the depths of the notion rather than the actual form. Is it? Am I? I sure hope so!

No comments: