Tuesday, May 20

20k leagues below my league

Anger. Disappointment. Misbelief. Exhaustion. Or I guess I’m simply tired of thinking that everything is going to be OK, when in fact it’s hardly ever going to. It’s not OK at all, but I have just learned to settle (not necessarily for less, but for what I can get) and to say that the OK that I get is the OK that I have been expecting or the OK that I’ve been dreaming about.
I guess I’m a settler, which can be really cool in this looking-only-for-wins-type-of-life, but the more I come to think about it, the more I realize that I’m so far from the league I would picture myself in.
This is only because the picturing myself part has no boundaries, at least not for me, and the childhood princess in me will always struggle to come out and be crowned as queen. And I couldn't possibly say no to her.

No comments: