Saturday, May 24

Last night I was in a Mike Nichols film

Or just a similar situation that would have fitted in one. I was a strong woman character. Don’t know exactly if you would have been proud of me, but I am positive you would have at least raised an intrigued brow. I had some good lines. Came up with them on my own. Even surprised myself on the process.

But this post is not about Mike Nichols, or myself, or any other film. It’s about music. And how I love that spark of excitement I get from time to time from American bands in this overwhelming sea of British power. And just to name a few in hope that you will give them a chance if you haven’t already done so, I applaud until my hands hurt, the order is completely not important: The National, We are scientists, MGMT, Interpol, the almighty Strokes and I'm sure the list goes on in every separate head. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to turn this into a US vs. Brit debate. I love both equally in measure, but completely different as type of love and what they make of me. The British band genius is over expected and most of the times beyond human in its ease, that's why, when an American band is genius it's even more overwhelming.
I’m supported by: Fake empire, Ghouls, Kids, Pioneer to the falls, and Ize of the world. These are strictly my personal choices and no one could tell me different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

US is, when not reaching to the expectations, importing/buying brains from the UK or wherever...so,there's no point in going to that us vs brit discussion!because there's no such comparison:)