Tuesday, October 14

My first lipogram

It's hard as it is to draw a lipogram, but how hard? I should find a way around it.

I submit my first:

It was a glorious morning of May. My six o'clock train was not in sight, although a big station clock was about to show a chunky half past. I was anxious within, but had a calm way of showing it. I simply could not miss work that morning. It was crystal in clarity that this was my final opportunity to nail a good last srping day as my sick mind's vaticinator had said a night ago: Last May day onwards to last month of living for you. Pray for your train not to show up tomorrow as it will signify your last trip against this world.
I'm sick with autophonomania. No doubt about it. My mind was drawing jumps in front of trains with maximum accuracy on impact, jump kind and timing, but today was not a suicidal-fling-by-jumping-in-front-of-a-six-o'clock-morning-train kind of day, that's why my calm act.

Half past six, no train, sunny day, I was still living and was as calm as a still hot pool of blood. My blood was rushing though and so was a furious train approaching. Bosom pounding, train coming, rail skuawking, lids closing. Train stops, sound too.

All aboard!

A short man in uniform asks with strong conviction: Miss, Miss, going or staying? Train's not waiting.

I look at my watch. I look at his talking lips and back at my watch. Both ask for my ruling. I finally talk: Who is? I'm not waiting. Train's not waiting. You look as a foolproof not waiting man. Why wait? I'm staying. Or going. I'm doing both.

OK. Lady. I'm not a funny guy. Not today anyway. Stay and go and do your thing. But not on my train.

It's all I could wish for. I'll stay and go on a following train. Not on yours. Got it.
I kiss his almost bald body top and go. I stop. I turn to him: I'm going and staying on this platform and not on your train. No risks! You wouldn't fancy this anyway!

Lady, did you miss most of your rods?

No. Only a sound. But I'm on my way of catching up with it. On a following post. Cross my... soul.



5 comments:

Lilly said...

Wow - I loved that piece, excellent! Hey if you want to take your past lives links off your site, please do. Are you going to add to this story in another post?

Irina Nedelcu said...

I might. I just tried to write a lipogram and had a tough time using words without the "e" vowel. so if i get the inspiration, yeah i will continue it. thanks for dropping by.

The Muse said...

Superb.

Unknown said...

Wow!
Loved that - mind-bending!
Don't even know what a lipogram is - please enlighten me. Might try to write one myself.
Noticed a link to icelandairwaves in sidebar - connection to Iceland?
Did you know my daughter lives in Iceland and is married to an Icelander? She's an artist.
Love,
Jlo

Irina Nedelcu said...

@jlo: hey, just got back from Iceland! It's way beyond fairytaley. a lipogram si a piece of writing where intentionnally do not use words containing a certain vowel. mine has no 'e' - which is said to be the most common vowel in English :))