Friday, October 3

smells like mean spirit

have you ever given credit to your smell? and if so, how much? could you bet your life upon it? i'm a dog in the chinese zodiac and this totally shows on my smell. i can easily differentiate putrid onions from slops. and deffinitely can tell what's in one's garbage provided it has been sitting in the bin for too long for the odors to mix. i'm a hard smeller with a big passion for out of the ordinary obsessive mean smells. the heavy and sometimes disturbing smells i could smell an eternity and not get my nostrils bored. the smells that lay between unpleasant smells and strange enough smells that are continuously intriguing although they always smell the same. i'm talking wired smells that i distiguish from a million other smells. this is my top 10 mean smells list:
10. printed paper hot from the copy machine
9. my dog's paws after having been out in the rain
8. storage room of a shoe store (filled with leather shoes - no fetish i swear)
7. hot asphalt
6. licked stamps (and not the ones that make you go crazy, although...)
5. tyres on hot asphalt
4. the overheated vcr (yes i totally remember that smell!)
3. scotch tape
2. my breath on cold glass
1. dirty snow

2 comments:

Eric S. said...

You certainly have some unique favorites there. I love the smell of leather, especially old leather that has been sitting unused on a shelf somewhere. My next favorite smell is a feed store, all the oats and grains, along with other things mingle and combine to present a welcoming odor.

Lilly said...

Oh you know what my No 1 is petrol - yep! Oh and woolen clothes when they get wet in the rain. And a certain kind of moisturiser from Estee Lauder that almost make me throw up whenever I smell it. I will think of some more too! I could go on and on.