Friday, January 9

Crashing angels’ meet cute

Int. Liquor store. 5 AM in the morning. Behind the desk a hot young 23 years old girl: brown curly medium long hair, apple-ish breasts, loose green sweater. She’s drinking Dr. Pepper and watching the commercial channel.



Door bell rings. Boy bursts into the store. Hooded covered head, but fierce piercing look.



Girl: Hope you didn’t plan to hold me up. They’re running commercials by movie directors. Lynch is up next.



Boy: I had in mind to bring a plastic gun, but I’m not planning a hold up. I plan to smash my brains or my ex-girlfriend’s face.



Girl: Can’t assist with the latter, but over 40% alcohols are in the back, third row on your left. I recommend the absinthe. Knocks you up instantly, but beware of delusions.



Boy: No thanks! Have deluded myself plenty lately. Will stick to vodka.



Girl: Yeah. Goes hand in hand with pills. Or should I say rant in rant?



Boy: I’m not trying to kill myself. Just to get drunk. I’m a has been alcoholic about to fall off the wagon.



Girl: Over some girl? Say hello to mister P! Pathetic in case you fell behind on my humor.



Boy: Not over some girl. I just have drinking craving and want to quench my thirst. What are you, AA counselor or something?



Girl: Nope. I’m an undercover nun running a liquor store, trying to get people on the wagon. The less I sale the more I gain. Spiritually wise.



Boy: Quite the predicament we’re in: I’m an undercover archangel having to drink all the liquor from liquor stores so people don’t fall off the wagon. The more I drink, the more I gain. Spiritually wise wise.



Girl: How bout you drink some cinnamon medicine from Dr. Pepper?



Boy: Keep your holy poison to yourself, sister. I’ll grab the vodka.



He reaches for the top shelf, picks up a bottle of Absolut Disco and heads for the counter.



Girl: Planning a party, eh?



Boy: Glitter stops my flitter.



His words barely parted with his lips that he tripped over a misplaced cart and fell smashing the bottle on the floor and cutting his left wrist along the way.



Boy: Mother………..



Girl: Woa, no cursing. Please.



She leaves the counter and heads toward the isle where he was laying.



Girl: Holy shit you cut your wrist!



Boy: Unintendedly. Believe me. But this vodka mixing with my blood makes me dizzy. Or maybe it’s your perfume. Wait, no. It’s your eyes. Man you have outstanding eyes!



Girl: Standing out of all the booze around you?



Boy: No. Standing out of the angel world. Hold me. I’m cold.



Girl: That’s cause you’re standing on cold cement. The heat is off.



Boy: Nothing I say is ever good enough for you.



Girl: You say nothing good whatsoever. And you made me miss the show with all your drama.



Boy: It’s a rerun by the way. Lynch sucks. You’ll like Jonze better.



Girl: I like you better.



Boy: Why?



Girl: Why not?



Boy: Can’t think of any reason. Other than having messed up your mission and your floor along the way.



Girl: You had to: to make me take better notice.



Boy: Yeah, but you missed Lynch.



Girl: Something tells me I’ll like Jonze better. Come on, get up.



Boy: Will you marry me?



Girl: Only on Sunday.



Boy: Are nuns allowed to marry?



Girl: Only to angels. Give me your hand.



Boy: It’s vodka broken.


Girl: We’ll fix it by Sunday.

3 comments:

Blogdan said...

darn it. reading this piece I almost missed Jonze myself.

bow.

Unknown said...

I LOVED this! LOVED it!
Once again, you lived up to your name, rocksnowhite!
Your talent never ceases to amaze me.
Love you,
Jlo
PS: Will be publishing your guest post soon. Trying to publish two or so a week. Will let you know.

The Muse said...

Sorry I'm so late in posting my comments...work has taken me on a few travels as of late...but now that I am able, I certainly wanted to "visit".

Our cottage, The Painted Nest is not abundant in PINK (gasp, I know, LOL) nonetheless the fun continues, as I participated in this past Sat. Pink Posting... :)

Happy to be here tonight and read your work...i agree entirely with Jlo...you have not let me down! :) Never stop writing..it is in your soul!